Need for Mental Rehabilitation
Mental rehabilitation is an imperative element in the management of the mentally ill. It is a therapeutic approach that encourages a mentally ill person to develop his or her fullest capacities through learning and environmental support.
Mental rehabilitation and psychiatric treatment are two different entities, yet are equally significant components of mental healthcare. Even as psychiatric treatment (Pharmacological and psychological) aims at controlling psychiatric symptoms, psychiatric rehabilitation focuses on function and role outcomes. The focus of rehabilitation is on wellness and optimum quality of life.
This rehabilitation program starts right from the first time the patient comes in contact with a mental health professional.
- To facilitate persons with mental retardation to widen their functional abilities and thereby enhance their quality of life.
- To advance and simultaneously improvise function in all areas of child development.
- To prevent secondary disabilities through therapies like physiotherapy, speech therapy, yoga therapy and play therapy.
- To endorse the acceptance of child’s disability by the family and society.
- To give special education for young children with disability through early intervention programme, Primary, Secondary children with disability through MDPS scale, Adult with disabilities through cocational training.
Features of our rehabilitation center
- Stable and homely long term care for psychiatry-related issues
- At our center we employ a holistic approach to treat patients to help them lead a normal life.
- The nursing staff, counselors and caregivers accommodate the medical needs of the patients
- Individual care to mentally ill patients requires a calm environment for recuperating from long term illnesses
- Therapies like yoga and physical exercise are part of our every day routine.
- Workshops are conducted by social workers to interact and open channels of communication.
- We have segregated treatment centers for both men and women to help them feel at ease. The treatment strategies employed at our center helps patients find hope and purpose in their lives.
Planned / Expressed Activities
- Individualized Educational Programme
- Self Care Skills
- Moral Skills
- Group Activities
- Action Rhymes
- Story Telling
- Art & Craft
- Gross & Fine motor activities
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Special Educators
- Speech therapist
- Yoga therapist
- Vocational instructors
- Social Workers
- Creative therapist